Jackson County, Missouri Car and Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Jackson County, Missouri covers more than 600 square miles and more than 500 miles of streets, roads, and highways, where tens of thousands of traffic accidents occur each year, including thousands of injuries and hundreds of fatalities. Suffering injuries in a car or motorcycle accident is a traumatic life event that often has long-term consequences when severe injuries occur.
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident or motorcycle accident in Jackson County, Missouri, law permits you to seek compensation for damages in civil court when another driver caused your accident and injuries. An experienced car and motorcycle accident injury lawyer can guide you through the legal process and fight for you to get the compensation you deserve.
Car and Motorcycle Accidents Can Lead to Severe Injuries for Jackson County, Missouri Residents
If you have been involved in a traffic accident in Independence, Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Grandview, Buckner, or another city in Jackson County, you might have suffered severe injuries. Car and motorcycle accident injuries that often require legal counsel include:
- Multiple fractures, crushed limbs, and amputations
- Dislocations and soft tissue injuries
- Head traumas and brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash injuries
Common Causes of Car and Motorcycle Accidents
The vast majority of traffic accidents are preventable. Whether you are driving in and around the Kansas City area or in the more rural areas of Jackson County like Lone Jack or Lake Lotawana, negligent drivers cause car and motorcycle accidents. Common causes of car and motorcycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Drowsy driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield
- Failure to follow traffic control devices
- Improper lane changes
- Failure to clear blind spots
Recovering Damages After a Jackson County Car or Motorcycle Accident
If you choose to take action against a negligent driver who caused your accident and injuries, you could receive compensation. Many car and motorcycle accident injury cases settle before going to trial. However, sometimes your attorney will need to fight for you in the courtroom to obtain the best outcome. If you reach a settlement agreement or the court rules in your favor, you could receive compensation for damages including:
- Medical treatment costs including ambulance, emergency room services, and hospitalization at a Jackson County hospital such as Truman Medical Center in Kansas City, Centerpoint Medical Center in Independence, or St. Mary’s Medical Center in Blue Springs, Missouri.
- Estimated future medical expenses when car and motorcycle accidents lead to permanent injuries that require ongoing care and treatment
- Lost wages from missing time at work
- Estimated future lost wages when a car or motorcycle accident leads to a catastrophic injury
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Reduced quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Steps to Take After a Jackson County Car or Motorcycle Accident
After suffering injuries in a Jackson County car or motorcycle accident, it’s important for you to take certain steps to preserve the value of your claim. Insurance companies will go the extra mile to deny or devalue your accident injury claim. These actions support your claim and make it difficult for the other side to deny liability:
- Keep meticulous records of medical expenses and other economic losses.
- Follow your doctor’s orders.
- Let an experienced motorcycle or car accident injury attorney handle communications with relevant parties.
- Don’t speak about your case with others or post on social media.
Contact Attorney Ben Schmitt today for a free consultation to discuss the details of your Jackson County car or motorcycle accident, your injuries, and your legal options for receiving compensation for your accident injuries.