Secure the Compensation You Deserve
Each year in the U.S., about 150,000 individuals are injured in construction accidents, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Most of these accidents happen to workers who earn a living in the construction industry. Construction accident injuries often cause disabling injuries that cut careers short, significantly limit the types of work that victims can perform and devastate families financially.
At Schmitt Law Firm, LLC, our Kansas City-based lawyers help construction accident victims and their families obtain the full and fair damage and loss compensation they deserve.
- If no one else’s negligence played a role in your injury, we may be able to help you pursue workers’ compensation benefits and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process of securing benefits and going through medical treatment until you can return to work. If you are permanently disabled or require restricted work duties, you may be eligible for permanent disability benefits.
- If another contractor’s employee is at fault in your construction accident injury situation, it may be necessary to pursue a personal injury lawsuit to obtain the full and fair compensation you deserve for medical expenses, lost wages and more.
Our top priority is to help victims in Missouri and Kansas avoid financial disaster on top of all of the stress and angst already experienced. Please call us at 816-400-1000 to schedule a FREE consultation with one of our dedicated attorneys.
Common Causes Of Construction Accidents
Construction is one of the most dangerous industries, putting lives at stake on each job site every day. You may not think of it this way (and it would probably be impossible to work if you did), but it’s true. Not only are conditions on your job potentially life-threatening, the safety of workers often lies in the hands of property owners, equipment manufacturers and subcontractors.
Some of the most common causes of construction accident injuries include:
- Defective equipment
- Accidents with saws
- Falling objects
- Crane accidents
- Ladder and scaffolding accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Electrical shock
- Employer negligence
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Safety violations
While some accidents cannot be avoided, others are simply the result of negligence. For such accidents, you can recover personal injury compensation, in many cases. Some of the questions workers often ask us when they are injured on a construction site as a result of negligence include:
- Will I be compensated for my injuries, and if so, how?
- Will the insurance company treat me fairly?
- If I cannot work, how will I meet medical expenses and other financial obligations?
- What if I am unable to work due to my injuries?
- What if my employer cannot accommodate my injuries, and I am given light-duty restrictions?
Our Kansas City construction accident lawyers will address all of your questions and provide you with the answers you need to gain peace of mind.
Get Full And Fair Compensation For Your Construction Site Injury
Overall, approximately 10 percent of construction workers are injured in the course of performing their job duties. Many of these injuries can be attributed to negligence on the part of equipment manufacturers, subcontractors and property owners. We hold negligent parties accountable for their actions, and we will fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
The monetary compensation you may be entitled to typically covers medical costs, lost income, lost earning power, pain and suffering, rehabilitation, disability and long-term care. You may be able to recover damages for any expense directly related to the injuries you have suffered. We will work tirelessly to maximize the value of your claim and protect your rights in the process.
Get A Free Attorney Consultation Now
The full costs of your injuries can exceed far beyond those of medical expenses. It is difficult to pursue justice when you are in pain, and your life is disrupted. You can count on our firm to vigorously pursue justice on your behalf.
Please call us now at 816-400-1000 or email us to speak with an attorney in Kansas City. We handle all of your upfront legal costs and only collect attorney’s fees if we secure a positive verdict or settlement in your case.